Aerocet® Model 5850 Straight Floats
The deHavilland Beaver is a classic in it’s own right. Paired up with Aerocet® 5850 floats, it quickly gains legendary status. Do yourself a favor. Do your Beaver a favor. Fit it with the best.
Take a look at the composite construction that defines our floats as the strongest, lightest, and best looking. Our hardware assures you of the strongest fit and easiest installation.
- The most useful load in the industry at “up gross.” Ask us to prove it!
- New infusion composite construction process allows these larger floats to weigh in at less than smaller floats that have less displacement.
- Extra floatation at no extra weight or speed penalty, for increased safety at gross weight.
- Very stable, no ventral fin required.
- Clean floats and aerodynamic step struts give a cruise speed increase over other designs.
- Super large sweet spot, ease of use and the most forgiving floats for novice and pro alike.
- Very slippery – minimal sensation of acceleration is felt after leaving the water.
- Getting on the step is reached very quickly to get you off the water and into the air fast.
- Double fluted design delivers superior strength to weight ratings.
- Molded – in boarding steps.
- Sharp edges for reduced drag and increased hydrodynamics.
- External load tie down mounts.
- Large flat deck with molded – in antiskid.
- Best design for performance in both rough water and smooth water conditions.
- No corrosion.
- No rivets mean no rivet leaks.
- Common aerospace E-Glass and simple easy – to – use vinyl ester resin.
- Non – sandwich bottom skin, makes any field repair an easy process.
- High impact sandwich core used on top and sides adds durability and strength.
- Six Watertight Compartments
- No large holes for rudder controls (causes easy flooding).
- Large access panels with integrated preflight pumpouts that use all stainless hardware.
- Four large storage lockers with super large access doors, useful for enhanced CG control.
- Optional floorboards for flat storage.
- Aluminum keel wear strip that is rugged and easily replaced.
- Special aluminum chine rub strip designed to resist constant abrasion and provides another seam overlap.
- New extrusion design with internal shear web.
- Impervious to crushing under forklift and clamping loads.
- Simple, high strength, lightweight spreader bar socket.
- Simple external rigging.
- Utilizes stainless tiller posts