Aerocet Model 5850 Straight Floats
The deHavilland Beaver is a classic in it’s own right. Paired up with Aerocet 5850 floats, it quickly gains legendary status. Do yourself a favor. Do your Beaver a favor. Fit it with the best.
Take a look at the composite construction that defines our floats as the strongest, lightest, and best looking. Our hardware assures you of the strongest fit and easiest installation.
* The most useful load in the industry at “up gross.” Ask us to prove it!
* New infusion composite construction process allows these larger floats to weigh in at less than smaller floats that have less displacement.
* Extra floatation at no extra weight or speed penalty, for increased safety at gross weight.
* Very stable, no ventral fin required.
* Clean floats and aerodynamic step struts give a cruise speed increase over other designs.
* Super large sweet spot, ease of use and the most forgiving floats for novice and pro alike.
* Very slippery – minimal sensation of acceleration is felt after leaving the water.
* Getting on the step is reached very quickly to get you off the water and into the air fast.
* Double fluted design delivers superior strength to weight ratings.
* Molded – in boarding steps.
* Sharp edges for reduced drag and increased hydrodynamics.
* External load tie down mounts.
* Large flat deck with molded – in antiskid.
* Best design for performance in both rough water and smooth water conditions.
* No corrosion.
* No rivets mean no rivet leaks.
* Common aerospace E-Glass and simple easy – to – use vinyl ester resin.
* Non – sandwich bottom skin, makes any field repair an easy process.
* High impact sandwich core used on top and sides adds durability and strength.
* Six Watertight Compartments
* No large holes for rudder controls (causes easy flooding).
* Large access panels with integrated preflight pumpouts that use all stainless hardware.
* Four large storage lockers with super large access doors, useful for enhanced CG control.
* Optional floorboards for flat storage.
Key Hardware Features
* Stout attach fittings for “up gross” strength.
* A mechanics delight for installation, a simple and complete kit.
* All fittings swaged to fit.
* Extensive use of anticorrosive 300 stainless steel throughout.
* Best cabin entry and fueling step layout – looks good, works great.
* Aluminum keel wear strip that is rugged and easily replaced.
* Special aluminum chine rub strip designed to resist constant abrasion and provides another seam overlap.
* New extrusion design with internal shear web.
* Impervious to crushing under forklift and clamping loads.
* Simple, high strength, lightweight spreader bar socket.
* Simple external rigging.
* Utilizes stainless tiller posts
|Float||Airplane||Bouyancy (lb/kg)||Max Floatation (lb/kg)||Weight (lb/kg)|
|5850||DHC-2 Mk. I||5850/ 2654||6500/ 2948||658*/ 299*|
|*with all attachment rigging and internal hardware|