Own a Cessna 170 and looking for floats?
Wattum Aircraft Service in Wasilla, Alaska are the holders of the STC (Supplemental Type Certificate) approval of Aerocet 2200 series straight floats on the Cessna 170.
Please contact Wattum Aircraft Service directly for information on this configuration.
Wattum Aircraft Service 6314 E. Mountain Goat Circle Wasilla, Alaska 99654 Tel: 907-947-4017 Joel Wattum <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Super large sweet spot, ease of use and the most forgiving floats for novice and pro alike.
* Very slippery - minimal sensation of acceleration is felt after leaving the water.
* Getting on the step is reached very quickly to get you off the water and into the air fast.
* Double fluted design delivers superior strength to weight ratings.
* Sharp edges for reduced drag and increased hydrodynamics.
* Large flat deck with molded - in antiskid.
* Best design for performance in both rough water and smooth water conditions.
* No corrosion.
* No rivets mean no rivet leaks.
* Common aerospace E-Glass and simple easy - to - use vinyl ester resin.
* Non - sandwich bottom skin, makes any field repair an easy process.
* High impact sandwich core used on top and sides adds durability and strength.
* Six Watertight Compartments
* One more compartment than most.
* No large holes for rudder controls (prevents flooding).
* Large access panels with integrated preflight pumpouts that use all stainless hardware.
* Storage locker built into center compartment with super large access door and optional floorboards for flat storage.
* Aluminum keel wear strip that is rugged and easily replaced.
* Special aluminum chine rub strip designed to resist constant abrasion and provides another seam overlap.
* New extrusion design with internal shear web.
* Impervious to crushing under forklift and clamping loads.
* Simple, high strength, lightweight spreader bar socket with integral grease fittings.
* Utilizes stainless tiller posts, brackets and fasteners.
* No rubber seals to crack and leak, and no deck cables and turnbuckles to trip over.
* Maximum maneuverability with large rudders.